Orienteering race 54:38  6.24 km (8:45 / km) +126m 7:57 / km
NOY 5 - The Tank Paddock. Rain started about 1 minute before my start time but vegetation was already wet so was going to get wet anyway. Only one poorly executed leg 9-10.
1. Followed tracks whole way
2. Straight on compass
3. Straight but followed animal tracks though vegetation in right direction
4. Down watercourse, across main creek, compass up to track, along track
5. Angle down to main creek, along to control
6. Follow main track then minor track, then straight on compass crossing both main tracks
7. Straightish on compass, around green in first creek, through grass following bits of shorter grass where possible aiming to light green east of control, along vague tracks to control
8. Down and along old rail route, green was quite thick and required a little bashing, edge of open to track, straight
9. Straight on compass
10. Headed straight but lost concentration, followed someone who I should know not to follow, ended up too far south, had to go north again
11. Straight on compass
12. Tracks through grass where possible, tracks past 1/5 up to main track, straight on compass
13. Straight on compass, up beside creek branch
14. Straight on compass, aiming little north to go past veg in creek
15. Straight, saw 15 on way to 14.
16. Straight up hill, through green on animal tracks, through grass to creek
17. Straight on compass through green to main track, came out at intersection with dry ditch, along to minor track.
F. Follow tapes to finish.