In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||hiking||1|| 3:57:51|| 9.36||(25:25)|| 15.06||(15:47)|
| ||walking||2|| 1:18:13|| 5.02||(15:35)|| 8.08||(9:41)|
| ||orienteering||1|| 1:04:23|| 3.17||(20:19)|| 5.1||(12:37)|| 110||15c|
| ||horseback riding (english)||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||Total||5|| 7:20:27|| 17.55|| 28.24|| 110||15c|
hiking 3:57:51  9.36 mi (25:25 / mi)
shoes: Asics Gel-Excite 3
Hiking with Gwen at Pinchot State Forest (renamed in 2015 from Lackawanna State Forest). Not sure how this would go after feeling pretty beat yesterday. But it was just hiking pace and fairly flattish overall, except climbing to the observation tower, so I was surprised how much we covered.
As typical of most park maps, this one was lacking, not showing many side trails and snowmobile trails. Our original intention was for a shorter hike and to cut over on a dirt road back to Pittston Rd, but we never saw the dirt road. Further analysis now shows that we did see it, but it was a narrow trail at our end of it, so we didn't realize it was the one we wanted. So we ended up doing everything orange blazed (Pinchot Trail) east of Pittston Rd, then heading back down the road with a detour to Pine Hill Vista (amazing long distance views) and then taking the yellow blazed Pine Hill trail back down to the parking lot.
orienteering race 1:04:23  *** 5.1 km (12:37 / km) +110m 11:24 / km
15c shoes: Inov8 O-roc 280 Redux
DVOA Tyler State Park - Green
Fun long sprint-ish or middle-ish type course. Unfortunately I didn't feel like there was any run in my legs, although my pace looks decent enough. I had a physical this week and some additional bloodwork (anemia, thyroid, lyme) done to see if there's a cause for this recent fatigue. Waiting on results. Or it could just be that I'm fat and out of shape, but I've been there before and never felt this sluggish.
Lost some time on 1 (of all controls!) trying to find the little trail out of the parking lot before I finally just went around the end. Trails were hard to see or missing, and there were a lot of new things too. This messed me up on the way to 3 also, as I ended up coming out close to 12 and having to go back.
And had a touch of trouble with 6, getting down in the stream bed and then going the wrong way, climbing back out on the other side and then finding it but having to go back through some brush again to get there. I ended up absolutely covered in burrs here, which I spent quite a bit of time picking off after the finish.
Someone had moved 8 away from the cliff and it was up closer to the road and more North, leaning against a tree.
Couldn't even pull up enough energy to fully run across the field to 15 and finish.
walking 30:30  2.0 mi (15:15 / mi)
shoes: Reebok Run Supreme 2.0 MT
horseback riding (english) 1:00:00 
Lesson on Artie
walking 47:43  3.02 mi (15:48 / mi)
shoes: Reebok Run Supreme 2.0 MT
- Oct 29 [0w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Myrick Center (BVA)
- Oct 30 [0w, 6d]: ? - DVOA Silas Condict County Park (HVO)
- Oct 30 [0w, 6d]: ? - QOC Hemlock Overlook
- Nov 6 [1w, 6d]: Y - DVOA Nolde Forest
- Nov 13 [2w, 6d]: ? - DVOA French Creek State Park East
- Nov 13 [2w, 6d]: Y - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XVIII @ Prince William Forest Park
- Nov 20 [3w, 6d]: ? - DVOA Tyler Arboretum
- Nov 27 [4w, 6d]: Y - SVO Lancaster County Central Park meet director
- Dec 4 [5w, 6d]: ? - DVOA Rutgers Environmental Preserve
- Dec 11 [6w, 6d]: ? - QOC Balls Bluff
- Dec 11 [6w, 6d]: ? - DVOA Wilson Farm Park
- Dec 18 [7w, 6d]:
- Jan 7, 2017 [10w, 5d]: ? - QOC Little Bennett Night-O
- Jan 8, 2017 [10w, 6d]: ? - QOC Little Bennett Day-O
- Jan 22, 2017 [12w, 6d]: ? - QOC Greenbelt
- Feb 4, 2017 [14w, 5d]: ? - QOC: The Bumble
- Feb 26, 2017 [17w, 6d]: ? - QOC Patapsco Avalon
- Mar 11, 2017 [19w, 5d]: ? - QOC PWF Happyland
- Mar 19, 2017 [20w, 6d]: ? - QOC Wheaton
- May 6, 2017 [27w, 5d]: ? - DVOA French Creek State Park Central
- Nov 4, 2017 [53w, 5d]: Y - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Nov 5, 2017 [53w, 6d]: Y - DVOA Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,755w, 4d]: Y - wmoc 2050 Last year of F65. Maybe I'll be able to afford ...
all weeks |