Training Log: JanetT
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Exerc. Class||2|| 1:40:00|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:29:44|| 3.8||(23:37)|| 6.12||(14:40)|| 157||8 /||12c||66%|
| ||Hiking||2|| 1:04:33|| 1.89||(34:10)|| 3.04||(21:14)|| 81|
| ||Yoga||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||Pilates class||1|| 50:00|
| ||Fitness equipment||1|| 27:02|
| ||Walking (track)||1|| 2:18|
| ||Total||7|| 6:33:37|| 5.69|| 9.16|| 238||8 /||12c||66%|
|averages - sleep:6.7|
Orienteering 1:29:44  *** 6.12 km (14:40 / km) +157m 13:00 / km
spiked:8/12c slept:6.5 shoes: Inov8 ORoc280-A 2013-08
Nice course by George W to get us around Hurd SP again. Nice day, too, sunny and low 50s with breeze and occasional gusts which had me just a tad worried about falling branches. SL, 5.1 km, on a 1:10000/5m map
1 was I think on a different boulder than the circled one, but visible from where it should have been... Fairly straight to 2-3-4, then decided for some reason to swing by 2 on the way to 5. I got too far down the hill and west, then had to climb back up. Along the way I saw what I thought was an unmarked mine (see next entry), not far from the E-W trail that goes by the others, but it's there west of the line (north of the purple dot), just really hard to see. That cost me as I had to climb several more contours than I intended to.
Slow to find the flag at 9 not knowing where on the cliff it was. More veg than I expected to 10, and it might have been faster to use the trail to 11 (I stayed east of the barberry/vertical green, below the steep hillside until it got less steep. Other "errors" marked by AP are basically because I'm very slow on climbs (12-finish). At least I never got too lost; 5 was my biggest boo-boo.
Hiking 13:33  0.54 mi (25:06 / mi) +1m 24:55 / mi
shoes: Inov8 ORoc280-A 2013-08
To check out another mine (shown on the map with a boulder and a boulder cluster) that I went by on the way from 4-5. It confused me enough I tried to figure out the trails rather than just keeping on the line on my green course.
Hiking 35:25  0.99 mi (35:47 / mi) +68m 29:31 / mi
Went to Gillette Castle SP, just to see it. I read some of Becks' blog post about it to Glen. We agree that it's pretty mental. ;-)
Then we took a short hike on the trails and saw some big trees (oaks).
Hiking 15:35  0.36 mi (43:19 / mi) +12m 39:11 / mi
And we stopped at Devil's Hopyard SP on the way back north, and hiked down by the waterfalls to the covered bridge and back th other side. I forgot to turn on my watch until near the end.
Yoga (Billy) 1:00:00 
Ankle behaving itself a bit better this morning when I did a test/warmup walk before class on the track (3 laps).
Pleased that it did well during the standing flow of crane-warrior3-warrior1-warrior2-reverse warrior-side angle pose-and back through w2-w1-w3-crane.
Other stuff was done sitting or lying down. Extended corpse pose at the end was uncomfortable after about a minute...
Walking (track) warm up/down 2:18 
slept:6.5 shoes: Sauc. Grid Cohes.9 -a 8.5W
Started on the track until my left ankle which was feeling odd this morning said "no way." 2 laps.
Fitness equipment (elliptical) 27:02
shoes: Sauc. Grid Cohes.9 -a 8.5W
Elliptical felt better. No program. Saw 155 strides/min and a high HR of 130, so an okay effort. Sweated more than I would have done walking, even with the fan on.
Pilates class (bands) 50:00 
As a longtime member of the "it hurts to kneel club," I've learned a number of modifications to Pilates moves/exercises, and instructor Mary doesn't mind and actually always suggests modifications for most moves anyways in case there are any beginners in class. Others dealing with knee injuries or problems have looked to me to see what I do. :-)
Sometimes the modifications are harder (on other muscle groups) than the original. One exercise that the class does on hands and knees, extending a knee behind while pressing on the band, is so much harder if you try to do it standing (leaning over some to try to get the same angle) because the opposite hamstring gets worked more (than when kneeling).
- Oct 30 [0w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Silas Condict County Park (HVO)
- Oct 30 [0w, 5d]: ? - EMPO - Peebles Island State Park
- Nov 5 [1w, 4d]: ? - WCOC Gay City State Park
- Nov 6 [1w, 5d]: ? - NE Challenge race #4: CSU
- Nov 13 [2w, 5d]: ? - DVOA French Creek State Park East
- Nov 13 [2w, 5d]: ? - EMPO - Moreau Lake State Park
- Nov 20 [3w, 5d]: ? - NEOC: Traverse and Mini-Traverse
- Nov 27 [4w, 5d]: ? - SVO Lancaster County Central Park
- Dec 3 [5w, 4d]: ? - WCOC Ratlum Holiday International Night-O
- Dec 4 [5w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Rutgers Environmental Preserve
- Feb 10, 2017 [15w, 3d]:
Vancouver Sprint Camp Feb 10-12, 2017
- Mar 4, 2017 [18w, 4d]: ? - US Interscholastic and Intercollegiate Championships
- Mar 18, 2017 [20w, 4d]: ? - LAOC Camp Scherman National Meet (pending)
- Mar 25, 2017 [21w, 4d]: N - BAOC: O in the Oaks 2017
- Apr 8, 2017 [23w, 4d]:
Spanish O Champs and other activities?
- Apr 13, 2017 [24w, 2d]: ? - CAMPEONATO DE ESPAÑA DE ORIENTACIÓN-CEO 2017 ??
- Apr 22, 2017 [25w, 4d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017 would love to visit NZ and AU
- May 6, 2017 [27w, 4d]: ? - DVOA French Creek State Park Central
- May 7, 2017 [27w, 5d]: Y - Billygoat 2017 20th anniv of previous Billygoat at WPR
- Jun 23, 2017 [34w, 3d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Aug 26, 2017 [43w, 4d]: ? - 2017 Corn Maze Champs
- Jul 6, 2018 [88w, 3d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 1, 2019 [139w, 6d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
- Jun 12, 2050 [1,754w, 5d]:
Ooops. Lost all the flags counted from mid-June 2012 to early 2013(?) because I deleted the cookies for the flag counter.
all weeks |