Training Log: JanetT
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:03:00|| 3.07||(20:31)|| 4.94||(12:45)|| 93||23 /||25c||92%|
| ||Yoga||1|| 50:00|
| ||Total||2|| 1:53:00|| 3.07|| 4.94|| 93||23 /||25c||92%|
Orienteering race (Sprint 2) 43:14  *** 2.94 km (14:41 / km) +70m 13:07 / km
spiked:12/14c shoes: Inov8 ORoc280-B 2013-10
French Creek Central Wednesday Sprint Series sprint, last of the season. Nominally 2.5 km, 50m climb. Another sweat fest wth temps near 90 and high humidity at the start, though a slight breeze started up in the open areas. Map was last updated in 2012, so I was expecting inaccuracies especially since we'd used it a week and a half before at the Rogaine.
Didn't expect a mapped-as-open field to be rough open, though...on the way to #1, which I think was intended to be on a tree that's no longer there (there's one on the satellite view in the right spot but I'm not sure it exists now). As I waded through the shoulder-high-in-some-places grass I could see another orienteer in a blue shirt at a tree so I headed his way. He helped a bit on finding the right trail to #2 as well, then we parted ways to #3 but I turned the wrong way on hitting the ditch and he was there before me. I think I fell somewhere here and put a hole in my map, but fortunately it was through the lake and not part of the course.
Got ahead of blue shirt* for good on the downhill to 4. Stayed in the woods and was off to the left to 5 but I could see some larger boulders and the slope of the hill and corrected at the right time. Ate some really nice, ripe raspberries on the way to 6. ;-) The rest was pretty straightforward.
*After I was done he was at the refreshment table and laid his map and splits down; name is David Morgan.
Orienteering race (Sprint 1) 19:46  *** 2.0 km (9:54 / km) +23m 9:22 / km
spiked:11/11c shoes: Inov8 ORoc280-B 2013-10
Nominally 1.9 km. This was more of a white course so pretty easy and a good way to finish. Not much climb so I was able to jog more than on the first sprint I did.
Thanks to Nate and Steve Orwaschel for all their work on these sprints (and Sandy F on the rest)... great way to motivate me to run in the summer heat. These were US Team fundraisers and they figure about $250/week was raised.
Yoga 50:00 
With Glen and I the only class attendees today we did some more challenging poses, since the instructor has noted we do well with the stuff she usually throws at us.
Eagle, for one, and some Warrior variations. Warrior 3 with one foot on the wall was interesting...I'd almost rather do it balancing (better for ankle strengthening) but I guess this way gets you into the pose straighter.
- Jul 22 [0w, 1d]: N - CNYO ROGAINE XXVII
- Jul 26 [0w, 5d]:
Cheesy Chase 5k in Reading, PA by Pretzel City Sports, start/finish at Oakbrook Brewing Co. Registration includes a t-shirt and mac and cheese at the finish. Not great for the diet but should be a fun time.
- Jul 26 [0w, 5d]: N - DVOA Fort Washington Cancelled
- Jul 29 [1w, 1d]: ? - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival
- Aug 5 [2w, 1d]: ? - Canadian Championships Middle
- Aug 6 [2w, 2d]: ? - Canadian Championships Long
- Sep 2 [6w, 1d]: ? - 2017 Corn Maze Champs
- Sep 9 [7w, 1d]: ? - DVOA Hickory Run Daddy Allen
- Sep 10 [7w, 2d]: ? - DVOA Hickory Run Sand Spring
- Sep 16 [8w, 1d]: Y - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park
- Sep 24 [9w, 2d]: ? - DVOA Adams Creek
- Oct 8 [11w, 2d]: ? - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XIX
- Oct 14 [12w, 1d]: Y - UNO Boulder Dash
- Oct 21 [13w, 1d]: ? - DVOA Tyler State Park
- Oct 28 [14w, 1d]: ? - DVOA Myrick Center (BVA)
- Oct 29 [14w, 2d]: ? - DVOA Ridley Creek State Park
- Nov 4 [15w, 1d]: Y - DVOA National Event
- Nov 4 [15w, 1d]: ? - DVOA Grings Mill / Penn State-Berks
- Nov 5 [15w, 2d]: Y - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Nov 11 [16w, 1d]: ? - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Nov 19 [17w, 2d]: ? - DVOA Rutgers Environmental Preserve
- Nov 26 [18w, 2d]: ? - DVOA French Creek State Park West
- Jul 6, 2018 [50w, 0d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 1, 2019 [101w, 3d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
- Jun 12, 2050 [1,716w, 2d]:
Ooops. Lost all the flags counted from mid-June 2012 to early 2013(?) because I deleted the cookies for the flag counter.
all weeks |