Training Log: Hammer
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||2|| 4:05:00|
| ||Running - Snowshoe||1|| 1:30:00|
| ||Cycling - Indoor||2|| 1:20:00|
| ||Core/Strength||2|| 40:00|
| ||Total||6|| 7:35:00|
Running - Snowshoe 1:30:00 
With Wil on rattlesnake trail at Georgian Nordic.
The head cold that kicked in the night before SSR is now a full on cold and sinus situation.
Core/Strength 20:00 
Cottage core. Arms still sore from SSR.
Fun snowshoe on the Casa Tarno trails with Tarno, Jackmeister, Baloney, Trav, Etoile, AG!, Koko, and the mighty Roxy.
Orienteering 3:15:00 
SSR with Tarno. Our nav was perfect but everything else with our race plan was a major disaster BUT as Tarno said it was more fun to try and get more CPs than just run trails to minimize points loss. Last year that approach gave us 2nd overall. This year it gave us more training time. Always focus on the positive :-). But forgeting to split up in the matrix and then forgetting to sign out of matrix and having to turn back AND stupidly not knowing about the increase in late penalty points until 2 hours into the race only made our bad plan and bad luck even worse.
The highlight of the race for us was watching Milla and AG! pull away from us on the trail run back. I wasn't looking forward to doing that boring run again as my knees had been hurting for 90 minutes and Tarno's left calf had tightened up because I cramponed it when we crashed in the matrix (where we shouldn't have been together anyway). But the girls destroyed us and it put big smiles on our faces.
Already looking forward to next year.
Cycling - Indoor 40:00 
easy spin trying to loosen up legs after last night's icy climb fest.
Orienteering 50:00 
X league. This was tough. DV at night with no
snow to light things up. Ran alone after 3rd CP and held off AG! and Hadron Collider surprisingly for the win. As Anvil says this is the most important race series now but he choked under pressure. ;-) Thanks Meghan for a fun and challenging course.
Debut tonight of the awesome new DGL jerseys. Special thanks to Blainey for ordering and PinkSocks for the fantastic design.
Etoile and I are a combined age of 100 today. :-)
Cycling - Indoor 40:00 
- Feb 5 [1w, 6d]: Y - Stars W.A.R. (Winter Adventure Race)
- Mar 4 [5w, 5d]: Y - The Eliminator Adventure Run
- Apr 22 [12w, 5d]: ? - West Point National Meet
- Jun 17 [20w, 5d]: ? - Jukola 2017
- Jun 23 [21w, 4d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jul 22 [25w, 5d]: Y - RockstAR Adventure Race Team Exerkine
- Aug 3 [27w, 3d]: Y - Canadian Championships Sprint
- Aug 5 [27w, 5d]: Y - Canadian Championships Middle
- Aug 6 [27w, 6d]: Y - Canadian Championships Long
- Sep 9 [32w, 5d]: ? - 2017 Seattle Adventure Running Tournament (9/9 - 9/10)
- Sep 30 [35w, 5d]: ? - Wilderness Traverse
- Oct 14 [37w, 5d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Mar 4, 2018 [57w, 6d]: Y - World Cup and World Masters SkiO Championships time to come out of ski-O retirement
all weeks |